Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pottermore: The Death of Vee

As Luna and Lily will be very jealous to know (they don't know yet, they're still at camp. I got back 2 weeks before they will!) I got into Pottermore. They didn't. Unfortunate, really, and I should, I suppose, be pitying them, but I am not the kindhearted soul some of you may think I am, therefore I will not pity them.
So, if you got into Pottermore as well, you will have got this email:
Your Pottermore account

Welcome and thank you for registering for Pottermore by J.K. Rowling - the magical new online experience based around the Harry Potter books.

A million registrants are going to be granted early entry into Pottermore to help give it the finishing touches, and the exciting news is that if you validate your account quickly, you could be one of the lucky few selected. Please be quick because places are going to be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis*.
* See the Magical Quill Terms & Conditions for full details.
Follow this link to activate your account:
(Please note that this link will expire in 48 hours, so if you don’t manage to activate it within that time, you’ll need to register again).
Once you activate your account, you will discover more about when you can access Pottermore.
So we all get incredibly excited, and wait with baited breath for the email we are sure will come quite soon. But we wait. And we wait. And the email doesn't come. And then today, I was puttering around on Twitter as usual and I saw.... this.
 TheHPAlliance 


Even someone less clever (and modest) than I would think, I expected my email within, at the most, six hours. I checked my email every ten minutes, my hopes growing dimmer as the hours ticked by. My email checking grew more sporadic. A watched pot never boils, so I tried not watching it. Well, not watching it for about twenty minutes. That didn't work. So, I tried checking a different email. Perhaps they sent it to the wrong email? Yeah right. Wishful thinking. How would they even know my other emails?
Wait, be right back. I need to go check my email.

--5 minutes later--

No email. This is depressing me. I think I should probably just stop talking about it and thinking about it and mentioning it. Then it will come. Maybe. 
From the depths of dispair,
Your Friend the Death Eater
-Victoire Gabrielle Delacour Weasley
p.s. Happy Birthday Ginevra Molly Weasley Potter!

No comments:

Post a Comment